• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No love for LG?

Scottie137

Oct 4, 2011
So I am a newb to the site and Android in general. I currently have the much maligned IPhone. I actually really like my iPhone and apple products in general, but would like to branch out and give Android a try. I am married to AT&T for a variety of reasons, and am waiting for something like the Rezound to come to AT&T. The LG Nitro HD looks to fit the bill, but has garnered almost no attention on this site so far. Are LG products that badly made or supported? If not, why do little activity in here. Thanks for any insight!

So I am a newb to the site and Android in general. I currently have the much maligned IPhone. I actually really like my iPhone and apple products in general, but would like to branch out and give Android a try. I am married to AT&T for a variety of reasons, and am waiting for something like the Rezound to come to AT&T. The LG Nitro HD looks to fit the bill, but has garnered almost no attention on this site so far. Are LG products that badly made or supported? If not, why do little activity in here. Thanks for any insight!

LG hasn't let people unlock bootloader on some newer devices for certain carriers so no custom ROM/kernal's hence no love

Upvote 0
LG is generally considered to be in 4th place among Android OEM's with Samsung, HTC, and Motorola(mostly just for Verizon) being the 3 ahead of them. LG has picked up the stigma of locking bootloaders as mentioned earlier, along with having a buggy Optimus UI on top of the Android OS. If you're looking for lots of love, the Samsung Galaxy S3 and Google Nexus 4 probably have the most among recent phones, though the latter is rather hard to get your hands on. Other reasonable mentions would be the HTC One X/X+ and Samsung Galaxy Note 2. If you really want an LG phone, the Optimus G would be your best bet. Hardware wise it's an absolute beast, but will probably not have a lot of love either.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones