• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Not done but, Has anyone figured out [Solved]

ShinySide

Extreme Android User
Jul 30, 2011
Palm Bay, Florida
how to change the stupid dark grey "box" background at the bottom of the screen? Ive never have figured out where in the hell it is.

screenshot-1346908700650.png

Have you checked to see if its being pulled from framework ? Or the dialerapk?

I thought I looked when I did phone candy but ill have to look again. I gotta dip thru the framework anys to change a button the mms pulls. It's Grey and sticks out like a sore thumb with every thing else blacked out

Sorry.....A Little off topic, but what theme is this dialer from.....I really like how it looks,sweet!:D

None Ahaha I'm using Fuzzys ICS theme and wanted to do the contacts and mms to my liking :D Not done with the contacts but finished with the mms

Upvote 0
Happened to remember which one out of the 1000s and in which apk? Ahaha

Lmao.
I can't recall. I wanna say its in the contacts apk and I would guess the colors or layout styles. Check the drawables folder.

Its not gonna be some strange XML. Its gonna be in the usual folders- colors, styles, drawables.

I can help when I get off if you ain't got it.

Reactions: ShinySide
Upvote 0
It's in Phone.apk\res\drawable-hdpi

Should be able to edit with gimp.

I looked and don't see it. You know the name? I had trouble with the dialer background, when I blacked it out on the computer it was black but when on the phone it was still the original so I had to make a new image for it. I blacked out every image remotely close to the color but it might be doing the same thing that the dialer background was

Upvote 0
I dont know if it helps but i know that alot of things like that are 1 pixel thick .9's in the framework or systemui that have completely obscure names. You might check those two out in the hdpi it will be easier to start there and rule those out first i would think. You might even try contacts.apk as well as the phone.apk just in case.

Also you said you got the mms? I believe there is a similar grey bar that engulfs the area where the text you type shows up. Might figure out the name of that one and what it originally looked like and look for similar ones in the above meantioned.

Upvote 0
Im home from work. You got it yet?

Nope Ahaha haven't really tried yet. Just woke up like an hour ago Ahaha

I dont know if it helps but i know that alot of things like that are 1 pixel thick .9's in the framework or systemui that have completely obscure names. You might check those two out in the hdpi it will be easier to start there and rule those out first i would think. You might even try contacts.apk as well as the phone.apk just in case.

Also you said you got the mms? I believe there is a similar grey bar that engulfs the area where the text you type shows up. Might figure out the name of that one and what it originally looked like and look for similar ones in the above meantioned.

I've colored everything even close to it in, contacts, phone and framework.... I know it's not in the mms.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones