• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Note 20 Ultra with Verizon will not make or take calls under metal roofs.

craiger4233

Lurker
Sep 23, 2022
My Galaxy Note 20 Ultra will not make or receive calls when under a metal roof. Neither would my old Note 5.
Verizon for years told me that it was because calls could not go through metal (after selling me a range extender for a couple hundred bucks that did nothing for the problem!) After asking many people I find that other providers and even others in Verizon did not have that problem with metal interfering. Now they tell me it is the phone brand. WTF! A top of the line phone will not work under metal as a phone. But can get and receive texts, data.

My Galaxy Note 20 Ultra will not make or receive calls when under a metal roof. Neither would my old Note 5.
Verizon for years told me that it was because calls could not go through metal (after selling me a range extender for a couple hundred bucks that did nothing for the problem!) After asking many people I find that other providers and even others in Verizon did not have that problem with metal interfering. Now they tell me it is the phone brand. WTF! A top of the line phone will not work under metal as a phone. But can get and receive texts, data.
i call bs on that. i had the note 8, note 10, and z-fold 3 under verizon and have not any issues being indoors where there are plenty of metal around me. reception has been pretty good.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones