• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Note 8 - no audio when connecting phone to TV via HDMI cable

Thanks. I'll think about it. I don't live in the US so unfortuantely can't make use of the phenomenal deals you guys get on tech. The latest Chromecast is around $55 here. I see a lot of "3rd Gen" ones listed that are much more affordable - could I go fr one of these?
i still have my 3rd gen running on one of my tvs with no issues.

rbjhb

Sep 2, 2012
I bought the correct Samsung-branded USB-C to HDMI cable in order to mirror my phone screen and audio on the TV at my AirBnB while on holiday. I used this successfully on both my Galaxy Note 10 and my Galaxy Note 8 - audio and video both worked. That TV was a Smart TV, but not a Samsung. Now I'm back home with my non-smart TV, and the cable works fine with my Note 10, but I can't get audio from my Note 8. The screen mirrors fine, but when the HDMI cable is connected, there is no audio from either the TV or the phone itself. When I switch to Samsung Dex, the audio does come through the phone, but not through the TV. The problem is that I can't resize the app to fullscreen when using Samsung Dex, so I'd rather just use screen mirroring. Any solution as to how I can get the audio to work? Thanks.

Reactions: AugieTN

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones