• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Off-topic: I got Spanked. What about you?

Monkey SPANK

worstphoneever_monkey.png

Upvote 0
If Sprint doesn't get this NV/LTE rollout moving they're definitely going to get a spanking.:rolleyes:

Let's hope that they're not TOOOO much into that sort of thing,or we all lose........;)

Things should start picking up once the takeover deal is finalized.

Too bad not all CDMA phones cannot use voice & data simultaneously on 3G (like the SGS III),which makes a big difference in the waiting game for LTE.:D

Upvote 0

Too bad not all CDMA phones cannot use voice & data simultaneously on 3G (like the SGS III),which makes a big difference in the waiting game for LTE.:D

Just a quick note...

The HTC Evo 4G LTE also does allow you to use voice and data simultaneously. I was very surprised by this when I got the phone.

It still doesn't make up for the abysmal data speeds in my area...

Upvote 0
Let's hope that they're not TOOOO much into that sort of thing,or we all lose........;)

Things should start picking up once the takeover deal is finalized.

Just a quick note...

The HTC Evo 4G LTE also does allow you to use voice and data simultaneously. I was very surprised by this when I got the phone.

It still doesn't make up for the abysmal data speeds in my area...

EVO LTE, SGS3, and LG Viper are all SVDO enabled. However, the LG Optimus G is only SVLTE enabled. (On Sprint, of course).

Reactions: simcha
Upvote 0
EVO LTE, SGS3, and LG Viper are all SVDO enabled. However, the LG Optimus G is only SVLTE enabled. (On Sprint, of course).

I was aware of the EVOLTE having this capability,but not the LG VIPER.
The more the merrier,which leads me to ask this:

From what I've read the HTC THUNDERBOLT has this capability as well,sooooooo.........

WHY ON EARTH DOESN'T EVERY ANDROID HAVE THIS CAPABILITY?

Upvote 0
Big combination of things. Network, device, etc etc.
Without knowing all the details about network,etc.....,I'd agree w/this,but.....

Seems there are at least three manufacturers that can build phones w/3G voice-data simultaneous capability,working on at least two CDMA networks,so,exclusivity to a manufacturer or carrier/network doesn't appear to be a barrier.

Why this feature isn't more wide-spread just doesn't add up & would make a great selling point.Actually,it shouldn't be a selling point & should be a feature on any ANDROID released from here on out,whether it be an entry-level phone or a flagship model.

Upvote 0
Well yeah,everything that goes into producing a phone has a cost,no doubt.I just don't see where the costs to be so prohibitive to not have such a feature as standard equipment.

Again,this would be a great opportunity for any of the manufacturers to step up & have a marketing edge over the competition.

Upvote 0
Well yeah,everything that goes into producing a phone has a cost,no doubt.I just don't see where the costs to be so prohibitive to not have such a feature as standard equipment.

Again,this would be a great opportunity for any of the manufacturers to step up & have a marketing edge over the competition.

SVDO/SVLTE isn't something that has been marketed though. I guess manufacturers don't really see it as something that important. AFAIK, AT&T boasts about having this feature set (and they are the only one to do so).

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
SVDO/SVLTE isn't something that has been marketed though. I guess manufacturers don't really see it as something that important. AFAIK, AT&T boasts about having this feature set (and they are the only one to do so).

True,true.It's not a flashy marketing feature like FFC's,13MP cameras,NFC,etc......

Perhaps w/4G LTE being rolled out to the masses (eventually),this may be the cost-cutting that you mentioned that makes the most sense & seen as a redundancy by the manufacturers & an unwanted burden/strain on existing 3G infrastructure by the carriers.

Upvote 0
True,true.It's not a flashy marketing feature like FFC's,13MP cameras,NFC,etc......

Perhaps w/4G LTE being rolled out to the masses (eventually),this may be the cost-cutting that you mentioned that makes the most sense & seen as a redundancy by the manufacturers & an unwanted burden/strain on existing 3G infrastructure by the carriers.

Exactly. I assume the idea is to market to the masses, and the majority. The majority aren't folks like you and I. We're the teeny weenie minority.

Upvote 0
Exactly. I assume the idea is to market to the masses, and the majority. The majority aren't folks like you and I. We're the teeny weenie minority.

So true.Too bad for them,must be a sad life...... ;)

Speaking of those polar opposites:

I know a guy who has had a GNEX for 3+ months & has yet to get a GOOGLE account.

While the phone could be a useful tool w/o the GOOGLENESS w/a little bit of work & time,this guy hasn't a clue as to what he has,or,what it could be.
Made me green w/envy as I awaited patiently for ICS w/the PHOTON (&we all know how that story ended)........... :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones