• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Official] Cricket Referral Discussion Thread, No Links

confusednoob

Lurker
Jan 15, 2014
With this Cricket Referral Program make sure before you click the link that you understand this is for someone who does not have cricket service yet. Now ask all your question in this thread and go to the referral link thread below for your referral.

Mod Note:

This thread will now be for discussion only " NO LINKS HERE" question and direction only to be discussed here, we have a separate thread for links only to keep all the links visual and easy to use.

The referral thread is here now,[Official] Cricket Referral Program Links Only/ No Discussion

Last edited by a moderator:
I am considering AIO. With the Google Voice change on May 15, I may have to find an unlimited talk plan soon.

How much data do you use? The most expensive plan with AIO (the $60) gives you 5GB of sweet AT&T LTE before it throttles you. I still wouldn't recommend AIO to a single person who uses a lot of data, but for a family of 4 or 5, it can't be beat. Just a reminder, it seems that May 17th is when stores in areas that have no Cricket-branded dealers will start their transition from AIO to Cricket. The prices won't change, but it's just something that may have a sweet deal or two in place (I have nothing to back this claim up).

Reactions: tube517
Upvote 0
I am considering AIO. With the Google Voice change on May 15, I may have to find an unlimited talk plan soon.

I have switched to AIO a few months ago from Sprint, been the best thing I ever did, I switched the wife 8 months ago and have not looked back.

I use GV all the time to call friends in Canada, I love the new unlimited text to Canada now included in our plan now. I also like that you get 2.5 GB's of LTE data and if you go over you don't get charged, you simply get throttled to 3G which is still faster then Sprint, LOL

Between home and work, I don't even come close to using my LTE data consumption, and I have not missed a beat with this carrier, and for $45 with autopay, for everything unlimited and 2.5 GB of unthrottled data taxes included on an AT&T network, for me it's tough to beat. They also have a 5 GB plan if needed as Aucla mentioned, but I guess it all depends on how much data you use, Like I said my wife and I are mainly on WiFi 70% of the time.

Just make sure you are using an unlocked GSM device.

They also offer group plans now too, if you need a referral let me know, cheers and good luck. ;)

Reactions: tube517
Upvote 0
How much data do you use? The most expensive plan with AIO (the $60) gives you 5GB of sweet AT&T LTE before it throttles you. I still wouldn't recommend AIO to a single person who uses a lot of data, but for a family of 4 or 5, it can't be beat. Just a reminder, it seems that May 17th is when stores in areas that have no Cricket-branded dealers will start their transition from AIO to Cricket. The prices won't change, but it's just something that may have a sweet deal or two in place (I have nothing to back this claim up).

Very little data consumption for me. I could probably get away with the $40 plan ($35 w/the auto pay). But, I'd probably go with the $50 ($45 autopay) just to have the cushion for data. I already have an unlocked AT&T Note 2 so I don't need to buy a phone.

Thanks to you and DonB for the feedback.

Reactions: Mikestony and DonB
Upvote 0
Very little data consumption for me. I could probably get away with the $40 plan ($35 w/the auto pay). But, I'd probably go with the $50 ($45 autopay) just to have the cushion for data. I already have an unlocked AT&T Note 2 so I don't need to buy a phone.

Thanks to you and DonB for the feedback.

You're welcome. Hope your port to AIO goes smoothly!

Upvote 0
Yup I was just about to post the new link. My referrals are all still there but I would also recommend everyone checking.

Old link works but fwds here

https://www.cricketwireless.com/referrals.html

I also updated link in main post. No telling how long they will keep the old link fwding but I am sure for a while.

Mods might wanna edit the name to "New Cricket/AIO Referrals" or something now

Upvote 0
Sweet probably the best idea BC old cricket website is gone and simply takes you to new cricket. Shouldn't cause any confusion to just merge the forums now. The old mycricket referrals program is gone completely and replaced with the new cricket program

I tried to go through the first post and update name/links everywhere to cricket

Reactions: DonB
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones