• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Oh snap, we got to Rob

Phases

NO LONGER ADMIN
Sep 9, 2008
Nashville, TN
foo and I got to Rob and he's just finished putting together his new system, with dual 22" monitors.

Hells yeah.

(6mb L2 cache 3.16ghz core 2 duo, 4 gigs DDR2 ram)

However since he's been up for .. I dunno, 30 hours now, he's gunna have to crash and get his play on tomorrow. :p

I demand a picture Rob!

p.s. Here's Phases' ;)

Attachments

• monitors.jpg
    monitors.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 173
I still have to add all my software and put all the goodies on it I currently have on my laptop. Shouldn't take more than a couple hours tonight I hope. But... I'm incredibly excited.

The picture is super small because I thought it only fitting to take it with my T-Mobile G1. Complain if you want and I might break out the digi:

022wr5.jpg

A few things to point out about the picture:

• The calendar is still on July 2008. Partly because I'm at my girlfriends place all the time and partly because my organizational skills are wackadelic. New Years Resolutions anyone?
  • There are only 3 things on my bulletin board, partially because of the above. They are (1) A Baltimore Ravens Schedule, (2) A fortune from a fortune cookie that says, "Time to collect those goods." and (3) A prayer card of St. Anthony that my Grandmother gave me... he is the finder of lost items and we're both always losing things. Ever since I was 5 I remember her always saying, "Pray To Saint Anthony and he'll find it. I'm not super religious and I have my own little view on religion but that is relatively unimportant cause I think people should just have their own views on religion and be inwardly content with them. Although I don't oppose talking about religion most people try and turn it into an argument.
  • Coffee and Coke are beautiful things.
So there you have it... my 22" dual monitors next to my new desktop PC and POS laptop that I will use for my bedroom and on the road. The only problem I perceive having is keeping data consistent and making sure i always have what i need when i leave.

According to Phases, before I know it, I'll be"introducing yourself, "hey my names rob, I'm more productive than you and everyone you know combined. have a lovely day"

As long as they don't respond with, "You have Vista, I have XP," I think I'll be fine.

Upvote 0
I seriously need to take a "new" pic of my setup. Maybe after i finish my Core i7 build....thats right, i said CORE I7!!!!!

Man, I want to build a system so bad but.. I spent what I did on this one 3 years ago so that it would (hopefully) last several (more) years, while staying halfway relevant.. so..

/cry. But I could build one that's at least 2x, maybe up to 4x what this one is, for half what I spent on it.

Makes me sad.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones