• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ongoing issues on the N6

joe71

Android Expert
Jan 14, 2011
Nevada
The split second you power on any device, whether computer, phone, a game boy, you're living on borrowed time. We natural expect our phones to run at least six months to a year, hopefully a little longer
My Nexus 6 has been going almost non stop for two years. In that time period I have had some issues, phone freezing up, random reboots.
Over the last few weeks , I am sorry to say I have been experiencing multiple problem and sometimes they come in pairs and triplet
Some of the issues include
* Device freezing up
*Apps not respondin
*Constant camera error messages
*Wifi connection problems (over the last two weeks my device dosent want to say connect to wifi
* No service, I am on project Fi I have had several issues with my phone dropping service
*Multiple miss calls, calls go straight to voicemail
*Battery issues: several times I have been using my phone and the battery symbol will turn red. I will plug in my charger and my device will be at 80-90%
*Random shutdowns ,(device just turns off)
*White/blue/black screens of death. I will be using my phone and the screen will go blue, white or black, absolutely nothing will be on my phone
* Phone won't power on.
So far my solution has been to let the phone set for a while, then Restart the phone.
I try to clear the cache several times each week or month.
The majority of the time my phone runs just fine

Yeah and you will continue to experience issues.

Are you running nougat?

The hardware in this phone is not robust enough to run the newer updates coming down the pike for newer hardware. It may nor get any better.

I love the N6. Still use it but in a backup state. Battery life diminishing, camera issues (lagging ), were the main things I started to encounter last year.

Look at other phones that are at EOL and you will see similar issues there as well.

All you can do is factory reset and test each app one by one to see if one of those could be causing your issues. That is a sure fire way to pinpoint anything that could be due to an app. Otherwise, not much you can do hardware wise, and at some point the phone becomes less and less desirable to use as a daily driver.

My opinions of course and they will differ from yours and many others.

Reactions: joe71 and shalemail
Upvote 0
Yeah and you will continue to experience issues.

Are you running nougat?

The hardware in this phone is not robust enough to run the newer updates coming down the pike for newer hardware. It may nor get any better.

I love the N6. Still use it but in a backup state. Battery life diminishing, camera issues (lagging ), were the main things I started to encounter last year.

Look at other phones that are at EOL and you will see similar issues there as well.

All you can do is factory reset and test each app one by one to see if one of those could be causing your issues. That is a sure fire way to pinpoint anything that could be due to an app. Otherwise, not much you can do hardware wise, and at some point the phone becomes less and less desirable to use as a daily driver.

My opinions of course and they will differ from yours and many others.
No I am still running marshmallow. I know what apps or I have a strong feeling I know what apps are draining the battery ,(kid apps) the goofy battery issues I had recently I figured were a big a glitch in the system. I am past due for a hard reset

Reactions: jj14x and shalemail
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones