• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Orange Cover

Galaxynote_guy

Sep 24, 2012
Nottingham UK
Just been told some BS about the Government stipulating that I cannot have Phone Insurance for more than 5 years!!
I cannot find any reference to this crazy ruling anywhere.... Is Orange telling it's staff to talk rubbish?

I recieved a text saying my phone was no longer covered and that I should call to enquire why?

I called, and was fed the above line. My policy was

I'm pretty sure there's no such ruling. I'm also pretty sure the insurance company would like to increase its prices after 5 years :)

Good for you sticking to your guns - can't help thinking that any manager who listened to the phone call would have had to cave after such a ludicrous assertion from one of their staff.

Of course, most economists would agree that phone insurance is a pretty poor buy .. but that's a different discussion ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones