• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Orange customer services advised me to root

balders

Jun 13, 2010
Hampshire, England
I was on the phone to Orange customer services arranging a replacement handset when I got talking about when they would be rolling out 2.2, and if they would be taking the same line as Vodafone.

The very helpful woman informed me Orange would be including all of the usual Orange apps in 2.2, but their are ways around getting the apps off your phone and that she had done it.

I asked how that would affect the warranty, she said that basically if I don't tell them then they wont know. They receive 1000's of handsets back each day and don't have the time to check them for rooting.

She was very informatieve explaining how easy it was to root and how much more responsieve the phone was afterwards.

I pretty sure this isn't Orange's official stand but quite interesting all the same.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones