• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Orange push e-mail

sastek

Jul 17, 2010
Hi all, can someone guide me on how to setup the free orangeworld push e-mail where apparently you can get email from 3 providers pushed to the phone (HTC Desire)

When I got the phone I got a text telling me that email was setup and to visit http://orangeworld.co.uk/r/emailsetup/ I did this and selected subscribe, it says I will receive a text within 1 day with the setup link but this text never arrives

I called customer serv twice, first time I was told that it was a setting on the phone (eh wrong!), second time I was told to text EMAIL to 247, but I don't get a reply e-mail

Edit: just retried the texting EMAIL to 247, this time I got a reply with a link that took me back the the subscribe/text in 1 day pages from the start!

I haven't used the Orange email service on my Desire. Past problems on other phones put me off.

I now have my Gmail account and a number of personal POP email accounts with my domain name. I set each account up in K-9 Mail using the settings from my domail/email provider, and everything is consolodated into a single app with 1 touch polling. Works very well for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones