• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Orange signal gone poo since T Mobile merger..

Randy

Jan 3, 2010
Anyone else noticed since the T Mobile merger the Orange signal has gone pathetically bad.

My signal at home has dropped to one bar and sometimes the signal goes from 4 bars to none even when i`m satanding still.

Just wondering if Orange are aware of this and have made any comment to anyone here.

If you're talking GPRS I can't comment as I never use it, but if you're referring to 3G and above...

I certainly haven't experienced any slowdown whatsoever. In fact my HSDPA speeds are much higher in the last few months.

Used to get an average of 2MB at home, now I regularly get twice that.

That's why I plan on staying with Orange at upgrade time.

You can't really take much notice of signal strength bars, they're very misleading. They don't bear much relation to actual download speeds as it depends on how many people are sharing that cell at any one time.

I've had 5 HSDPA bars at work and a download speed of only 0.2MB in the past.

I've had 2 bars at home and a d/l speed of over 2MB.

I always use the Speedtest.net app BTW.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones