• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Orange UK Users Upgraded To ICS 4.0.3

So, quick question. I am on Orange, and as expected I am last in the queue to get update (had the same problem with previously owned HTC Desire updgrading to 2.2. If I update via Kies which is currently available, will there be a factory reset and will the phone become unbranded and lose all Orange apps? Now normally this will be a godsend as all orange apps are crap...but I have no signal in my flat and Signal Boost offered by Orange, although a bit temperamental is a miracle worker in terms of actually maintaining communication with anyone via text or calls.

Upvote 0
Got my SGS2 ICS upgrade via Kies (UK Orange). Looks good and everything seems fine so far. If you do it, though, make sure you know how to set up your Orange tethering APN as I lost my tethering until I set the extra APN up again, and it took a bit of hit and miss playing with the settings. Face recognition unlock a bit weird, but seems to work. Let me into my phone, but not my husband. Ha ha.

Until I've tried all 96 apps, can't confirm it's all perfect but so far so good. I've had ICS on my eee Transformer for a bit and it behaved fine, so I wasn't too anxious. It's definitely a very pretty interface.

Reactions: Sheshnag
Upvote 0
I don't know. Did have one blip yesterday where the phone froze solid. Screen black, wouldn't come on, wouldn't turn off. Had to take the battery out and found it had dropped around 13% battery. Let's hope that it's not prone to random resets - when I first got my SGS2 it did, and only firmware update stopped it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones