• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Orange wifi app

headache56

Oct 26, 2011
Orange, my UK mobile phone contract supplier, have an app called "Orange Wifi" which I have used to connect to the relatively few BTOpenzone hot spots that I come across.

The App gives me the option of leaving it running all the time, including when I am indoors at home, and this process means it connects to my home wifi network.

I cannot see the benefit of letting Orange Wifi manage my handset's connection to my home wifi when the existing Samsung/Android connection process works seamlessly and is fine.

Am I missing something here ? Presumably any App means more CPU and hence battery consumption so I cannot see why anyone would bother using "Orange Wifi App" except when wanting to connect to BTOpenzone. Then I can see there is a marginal benefit if one does not have to input the BTOpenzone password in each time.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones