• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help OTT TV Box Help! :(

Hey guys, sorry if this is in the wrong place however I am having some issues with my new OTT TV Box (4xCPU 4xGPU). It is running XBMC 13.2, however I am having issues connecting to my home internet through Wifi, every time I try it says 'Authentication Problem'. Was wondering if some kind soul could help me out.

Many thanks
JoshYoung99
smile.png

Hi Josh, welcome to Android Forums.

You posted in the right place. :) First thing I suggest is, have you tried resetting your WiFi router? Like pulling the power on it for a few seconds and letting it restart. Also what encryption are you using on your WiFi? If it's WEP, there's some devices that won't connect that. Basically because WEP is deprecated and insecure.

Upvote 0
...swipe down from top to exit...

Hi, Andy... simple fix for you!

androidremote.jpg

(Some remotes have the mouse button at the bottom, but they look the same.)

Don't forget to click the mouse button again to get normal control of your remote back!

I sometimes forget to do this and it takes a few seconds for my stupidity to sink in and realise that I don't need to change the batteries! :eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0
Hi, Andy... simple fix for you!

View attachment 111654

(Some remotes have the mouse button at the bottom, but they look the same.)

Don't forget to click the mouse button again to get normal control of your remote back!

I sometimes forget to do this and it takes a few seconds for my stupidity to sink in and realise that I don't need to change the batteries! :eek:
DOH, never even thought of that, many thanks. any ideas about the content not playing ?

Upvote 0
...any ideas about the content not playing?

Need more info!

If you live in one of the corporate run countries (The UK, USA, etc) then the ISPs will block anything that they can find.
Luckily, I live in Asia, so I can stream pretty much anything out there.

Sources come and go - it's the price of 'cutting the cord'.
This isn't the best forum to discuss these issues! ;)

Upvote 0
Need more info!

If you live in one of the corporate run countries (The UK, USA, etc) then the ISPs will block anything that they can find.

Yup, it's called 'respecting the content owner's copyright'. Nothing to do with corporations.... it's the law.

This isn't the best forum to discuss these issues! ;)

It's not the forum to discuss them, period.. ;)

Upvote 0
Not to be too P&CA..

IMO it can be corporations that control what is blocked in the UK.
https://torrentfreak.com/movie-studios-get-uk-isps-to-block-torrent-site-proxies-130905/
Several UK Internet providers have quietly expanded their secretive anti-piracy blocklists after the Motion Picture Association (MPA) and FACT asked for several proxy sites to be added.

The law and government deciding what sites should be blocked, is what we do here in China, e.g. I can look at Pirate Bay but I can't look at Google.

Reactions: Andrew Cole
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones