• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Package Access Helper running my battery down

Pinmac1

Android Enthusiast
Jan 22, 2011
UK
I have a Galaxy Note running stock 4.1.2 Android. Over the last couple of days my battery usage has gone mad and only lasting 8-9 hours. I thought it was a duff battery and put my spare in but same result. When I looked at the battery usage I found that Package Access Helper was top of the list with 35% when it never shows usually. I Googled the problem but there was nothing very helpful.

I am also having trouble downloading any apps or deleting cache. I have rebooted several times, done a battery pull and have re-enabled all the apps I had disabled. It has made no difference and the PAH continues to hammer my battery.

Does anyone have any suggestions please as my phone isn't usable for a full day at the moment?

i had a problem with pah also
i have removed all google apps and framework from my stock romi think my problem started either when i removed the stock screensaver (had so muxh extra crap.why does a screensaver need to know when add or remove apps) or when i changed my apk installer

i fixed it by removing the package acces helper and installer
i manually install and uninstall now
a little extra work but now have much more system resources and battery life

Reactions: Pinmac1
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones