• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

pay as you go.

syione

Jul 16, 2011
I just got a s7 edge from Ebay and it came with a SIM Card. The phone was never activated, can I use that SIM Card for pay as you go or do I have to buy a whole new card? Here's another stupid question, I've always been a Virgin Mobile so as long as you had money in your account you didn't have to add money to the account every month. Is Verizon the same?

Thanks for the quick responses, Verizon will give me another one even if I'm pay as you go? Cuz I work at Target and have a red card plus there is a sale so I can get one for $10 off. How do you tell if it's a genuine phone, it has the branding on the back and the SIM Card had the Verizon markings on it.

Upvote 0
did you not see that link I posted above????

download that app and run it, it will tell you if the Phone is a real Samsung or a Fake knock off.

Verizon does not charge for SIM cards.... at least they never have for me... and I don't recall hearing of anyone who said they did. after all, you can't use their service w/o a SIM card... would be foolish to charge extra "for a SIM"

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xihuanat.truth

Doesn't Target have a cellphone center? if so, they should have SIM cards.
If not, go next door to the Verizon store, and they will fix you right up.

Upvote 0
Sorry, I generally don't click on hyper-links. Well it didn't say it was fake.
Well it's a Samsung from Fleabay, you might want to check its integrity. It's happened many times, and I would certainly never buy a micro-SD or Nike sneakers or Rolex watch from there. LOL

Still amazes me how many different ways they can actually spell "SAMSUNG"! :D

Thread came up a few days ago, S7 Edge on Ebay, Stated it was in France, but the vendor was in China apparently. :thumbsupdroid:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones