• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone Rebooting Itself

I'm having a strange intermittent problem with the Droid X. It will just reboot itself. At random times. Can be on the charger or not, and when its just sitting idle. No warranty, so I can't return it. :(

I've already done a factory reset when I bought it, and loaded the latest android version.

Has anyone else had this? What did you do to fix it? I think this is the only bug that I've found so far.

i know that stock gb is basically stock froyo, it will reboot occasionally, no clue of as to why, however when i rooted and romed my phone, it rebooted alot at first, then the reboots stopped... then gb it rebooted a couple of times, and when i turned the phone off, it would cut itself back on again... strange. but then after apex, liberty, liberty aosp, ssx, and cm7 i havent had anymore random reboots.

Upvote 0
I don't have google+ and when it does this it can be when I'm not using it. In fact, one day it woke me up at 6am with that alarm that sounds when it powers up. I dont know how to turn that off. But it had been sitting on the charger idle for several hours. I'm not sure about Froyo or Gingerbread because when I got the phone, it had been factory reset to 2.2 and within a day an OTA update for 2.3 came so I installed that right away. Never really had a chance to use it much with the stock o/s. It is not ROM'd. This is moto stock.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones