• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone to Printer Wireless App 3G / 4G / WiFi

m-cman

Android Enthusiast
Feb 27, 2011
Dallas
After a lot of searching, I could not find an answer to my specific question.

I just purchased a Canon PIXMA MX922 and want to print from my HTC EVO V phone through 3G/4G, in addition to Wifi. Also would like to print to a friends wireless printer via 3G/4G or WiFi. Looking for a free app that allows this. Canon has several but none that work over 3G/4G. Any suggestions?

Thanks for any assistance..

Google Cloud Print is free and works pretty well. There is also Printer Share, which is not free but I have never had it fail. It does allow you to use it so many times before not working any longer. After that, if you buy the key and install it, it will continue to work without having to set it back up. It is the one I would recommend. I have several (most are HP related, which is the printer I have) and Printer Share is by far the best.

Upvote 0
+1 for Google Cloud Print. Manufacturer solutions typically only work if your device and the printer are on the same LAN because they talk to each other directly. Any 3G/4G solution will require a cloud-hosted service (like Google Cloud Print), or setting up port forwarding on your router at a minimum.

I have 3 printers accessible using Cloud Print - 1 supports it directly and doesn't require use of a separate PC on the LAN, and the others are setup using the Windows Cloud Print Server, which shares the printers via Cloud Print.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones