• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Check for Updates... nothing, Check for Updates... nothing, Check for Updates... nothing, Check for Updates... nothing, Check for Updates... nothing

Check for Updates... PIE

upload_2018-8-6_19-33-3.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Checked updates: it's there.

Mind you, as I'm on DP5 already it's a tiny update (45 MB).

But "Pie"? Really? I thought they used dessert names? In the UK if you say "pie" people will think of Steak and Kidney or Chicken and Mushroom before they think of a dessert. And don't Americans sometimes call pizza a "pie"? It's just too unspecific (after a few that have been very specific indeed).

Upvote 0
But "Pie"? Really?

They probably should have Googled the name first. ;)

In the U.S. any thing we call "pie" that is not a fruit-filled dessert is always qualified by including the contents ... like a cheese pie (could be a pizza, but doesn't have to be) or any of the various meat pies. When we say ONLY the word "pie" it's almost always something sweet.

Upvote 0
OK, so the battery usage learning restriction thingy...it is showing 4 apps that it wants to restrict. One of them would be fine but the other three do have notifications associated with them. The toast popup says it may mess notifications up. So, you'd think you could select each and allow or reject the restriction. Nope. It's all or nothing. Anyone know what I'm missing? Seems stupid not too be able to pick...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones