• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Playing video

Most video content, saved as files, will have both the video stream and the audio stream combined into one file. And it's a matter where they do need to be synchronized properly -- both have to be the same length as in playing time (i.e. the video stream is 85 minutes, 40 seconds long so the audio stream also is 85 minutes, 40 seconds long.) The situation you're describing is a bit odd.
The file type suffixes will of course differ, but are both the video and the audio files using the exact same prefix name? (i.e. the video is MovieFile.mkv and the audio is MovieFile.mp3) If not, how did you determine both are supposed to be paired with each other?
It might also help to provide more details about where you obtained these files. Are they downloaded from a site? Or files ripped from a DVD/Blu-ray disc? Or the video and audio files copied off of a DVD/Blu-ray disc?

Reactions: ocnbrze and mikedt
Upvote 0
I downloaded a video, but the app separated the audio and video. I have an audio file and a video file.

Were you using TubeMate or something, to try and rip videos from YouTube?

Is there an app to play this movie and have sound? Or an app to properly combine the 2 back together as 1 file?

You can do it on a computer, using Handbrake.
https://handbrake.fr/
Available for MacOS, Linux, and Windows.

Upvote 0
Reactions: Dannydet and mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones