• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Poor Call Quality

I have a G4 on Verizon. The problem I'm having is that intermittently when I talk to someone locally on a landline with my phone, MY voice will come across to them as garbled, breaking up, or weak but THEIR voice coming thru my G4 sounds fine. The problem exists whether I am talking using a bluetooth earpiece or thru the phone itself. Battery is full.

I do not know whether it is an issue with my phone or with Verizon's service. The reason I say that possibility, is that when this happens I notice my signal strength shows less than 4 bars and either 3G or 1x. I installed a Network Signal Meter app and it shows my LTE signal in the yellow area of the meter, around -106 dBm. First off, I don't know how accurate this app is (Does anyone know of another good accurate signal meter?) but could this be the cause? Or has anyone else had this with the G4?

I can't say I've ever really had an issue with call quality (but I'm on a different network in another country :p). Is it just the one number you have a problem with?

You should be able to get signal quality without the need for an app. Settings -> About Phones -> Network.

At home, I average about 100dBm and 35asu so it doesn't sound too dissimilar to what you're getting.

Upvote 0
According to this app, -110 would be in the yellow category so it doesn't appear my signal is too strong. Yours would be the same based on this app.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-12-09-12-25-29.png
    Screenshot_2015-12-09-12-25-29.png
    579.4 KB · Views: 189
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones