• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Porting In A Number To A NET10 SIM Requires An Airtime Card Up Front

TVCCS

Android Enthusiast
Jan 19, 2011
As an FYI for anyone considering a port-in of a number to a NET10 SIM card, be aware of the following: NET10 requires an airtime card to proceed with the port. While NET10 has an auto-refill program for phones on its unlimited plans, you cannot use that setup to activate the SIM with the first month's airtime, rather you must have a PIN from an airtime card. These can be had physically at NET10 retailers, or online via a service such as CallingMart.

I ran into this recently activating my nephew's SIM, and ended up having to buy a PIN through CallingMart. With an added 7% coupon code found online, the $50 SIM card ended up costing $46.50, which turned out to actually be less than the $49.04 charged an Ohio resident with taxes and fees for the auto-refill plan. CallingMart will generate the PIN within a few minutes for first-time users, although they may call to verify the order before releasing the PIN.

I am sure their are other sources for NET10 PIN's as well.

The good news is that two port-ins from Verizon and Page Plus each took less than an hour to execute on a Tuesday morning. APN settings changes were a little odd, but once everything was properly input and switched in data was readily available.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones