• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Posh Mobile Kick Pro LTE L520 Unlocked LTE 8GB, 5.0" LCD Android Smartphone, Dual Sim

Grrrrrrrrr

Feb 3, 2016
Hey people,

I just unboxed and activated this phone a few days ago. I got it over at Newegg for $97.99 +tx.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=23B-003F-00066

I've had a few days to play with it and it works pretty well. The only reason I got a "smart phone" is ATT is ending support for my 2g RZRV3 at the end of the year.

I'm not a fan of these portable tracking devices but I figure if I must upgrade, I may as well have the bigger screen for texting my kid and having google maps in my hand is very handy as is the half decent camera.

It's running 6.0 and comes with all the standard bells and whistles. I threw in SecureAnywhere AV, Malwarebytes, Firefox, VLC, ES file explorer, and google docs.

Other then being smaller and a few software options, I can't really tell much difference from my Sheild Tablet. It does feel just a tiny bit slower but not enough to aggravate me. Trust me, slow aggravates me quite easy. My home PC wakes faster then I can type my password in and fully reboots in less then 15 seconds and that's just bearable.

I haven't tried games and probably won't but I've fired up a few 1080p videos over the home network and copied over a few music albums via usb for VLC and everything worked quickly and smooth.

The box includes all the accessories and I really like that the battery is replaceable. I'll probably toss a 32gb micro sdcard in it, hell they are dirt cheap now.

So, I thought I'd stop by and share my initial opinions with everyone.

I just ordered one on eBay. Only planning to have it for testing adaptive voice dial apps (probably Saiy, but was really put-off by the developer taking so long to return to the light after his disappearance from Utter!

I use a Lumia 640 currently for a phone (Windows Mobile 10) and have really been impressed with the seamless offline voice-dialing abilities of it. Just no longer supported, and there are some things (like my security company's app) that are only supported Android or iThing.

Upvote 0
Mine came already! Pretty fast shipping for an eBay reseller. A "factory refurb" missing the charger, but including the cord, earbuds, and "manual". I have plenty of USB chargers around, so I really don't need another. Will have to get used to Android phone again (had a Rugby Pro running 4.2 for work that I happily turned in last month). So far, so good. A couple programs (I CANNOT bring myself to call them "apps") hung on first start when downloaded from Play store, but after rebooting and giving them plenty of time they all seem to run. The phone is identical in size to my Lumia 640, but seems somehow cramped. Could be the Google keyboard setup, may have to change that. Was able to get it set up just on wifi first, then contacted the Consumer Cellular tech line and 5 minutes later it was on line as a phone. Another fifteen minutes or so and I have the MMS working - sent and received photos to my daughter. changed email program to TypeApp that I also use on my tablet. Also added Chrome and Saiy (that will hopefully handle voice dialing offline for me). Oh, and yes, the 32 GB SC card set up as extended phone memory. If this holds up for a year, I'll probably get a more robust (it really doesn't feel very rugged) Android phone. If not, I'll put the SIM back in the Windows phone until it dies - hopefully by then Android will have adaptive voice dial working reliably.

Screen: not as good as the Lumia, but not bad.
Camera: nothing close to the Lumia. I may use the old Lumia as a camera because I've had a lot of compliments on the close-ups I've taken with it.
Sound: speakerphone (my preferred use) not quite as loud as Lumia, but Ok. Ringer good and loud (needs some decent ringtones), Bluetooth better than the Lumia.
Speed: MUCH slower than the Lumia, but fast enough.
Battery life: will have to wait and see - I usually put my phone on the charger every night next to my bed.
Will also be interesting to see how both the WIFI and cellular radios are. We are in a hole that has almost zero coverage. We have an AT&T microcell that my previous employer bought for me. As long as it holds up, it will be our private cell tower. It covers pretty far from the house, but there are parts of our property where I have to grab the weak signal from a tower that I can just barely see on a mountain top far away. One or two bars on the best of phones. We'll see. Also, I hope it "hands off" well as I want to be able to receive calls while traveling on my GoldWing.

Came with a jelly protector, also but I think the hard holster that I used for the Lumia will give good protection and be easier to use without the jelly. I wonder if my extra screen covers from the Lumia would fit it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones