• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Possible Spyware on T95Z Plus

NameIsName

Lurker
Feb 1, 2017
Hello,

I just got my T95Z Plus off Amazon.ca (I am in Canada) and I noticed that an app called hello_test starts up in the background on boot. I have no idea how to uninstall this app but I can see it in apps under settings when I show system apps. I have no idea what it is but it's freaking me out. Could be nothing. Could be something.

I attached a picture.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• sketch[1].jpg
    sketch[1].jpg
    296.2 KB · Views: 577
Don't touch this app.

I'm almost sure that this is a similar kind of test that Windows does when it boots up.

It's just a small program to make sure everything is working (memory, etc) and in the right place before it lets you boot up properly.

If you somehow manage to disable or uninstall this app, you'll permanently brick your box.

Upvote 0
Don't touch this app.

I'm almost sure that this is a similar kind of test that Windows does when it boots up.

It's just a small program to make sure everything is working (memory, etc) and in the right place before it lets you boot up properly.

If you somehow manage to disable or uninstall this app, you'll permanently brick your box.

Thanks for the reply. It seems to me that nobody else has reported this for any other variation of this android box (that I can find anyway). I find that odd considering so many people have these. I am wondering now if the person who sold it to me was nefarious.

Upvote 0
I have run across this program on my box as well. If it were a boot test program it would start on every boot....but it doesn't. Additionally, along with this program, my VPN stopped working and LED control program was also started (not by me).

I don't fault the OP in thinking that there might be a nefarious purpose to hello_test.

A solution to this problem (if it is indeed a problem) would be to do a clean install of the OS.

Reactions: mrmovement100
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones