• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post here ONLY if your DATA is working NOW

greg4android

Android Enthusiast
Mar 10, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Post HERE if your data is working now. Meaning you've had a total outage for a day or two. Aside from the toggle airplane on/off, sync, and mobile data on/off.

If you're up and running with 3g internet and can browse now, post here.

I might be included to buy another device if I can verify the problem is fixed. Someone said they seen a post on the VM Facebook page that data had been restored. took mine back because it was the last day for a return, but the lady at walmart said I could re-buy mine for $129.99 (since I price matched).

Again, only post if you've been UNABLE to access data on 3G, and you can NOW.

Here's an update, I previously had wiped my phone clean a couple of days ago. I installed simple apps but nothing intensive, I left off the Lookout virus program and Quick settings, I was still having trouble with the connection, I read in another post here by someone that they suspected applications that had permission to change global settings might be causing a problem, I found one app called Zedge that had that permission, I uninstalled it and my data connection has been good, then two hours ago I tried to install Lookout again and that app also changes global settings, and boom I lost my connection right after it installed. I removed it, took out the battery and toggled the data on/off after the restart and it didn't work, I waited an hour and it was back up again. Now I don't know if maybe there was a outage in my area for a little while around the same time I was doing this or if the Lookout app caused the problem. Right now I"m good but it may be something for others to look at if you have the Lookout app or any other app that permissions allow it to change the global settings.

Upvote 0
I stream music all day long at my desk (Retro Radio app). Had trouble getting data when I first got the phone at the beginning of the month, but went through the hidden-menu activation about 3-4 days after I bought it. Had to periodically toggle airplane mode a few times a week up until last week. Haven't had ANY (non-coverage-related) data drops this week.

Upvote 0
Well, today I had a horrible data outage (usually it goes down for minutes but today went down for at least niine hours), thought it was fixed but wasn't however since my month ends today I went ahead and restarted my month and sure enough, I got data back, let's see for how long *crosses fingers*

Upvote 0
Just about 3 days of data without any disconnects or outages. They are definitely starting to fix the issues if it isn't fixed already. I was also credited $15 to my account for my week of spotty service...VM isn't THAT bad after all.

Milwaukee, WI btw

Sorry for jumping into the topic, but when did you buy your phone? I picked mine up last Friday, and no luck thus far with 3G. In the Milwaukee area as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones