• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post your home screens

Here is mine, kinda boring compared to some of these:

screenshot_2.png

Upvote 0
ScreenShot-1.png

ScreenShot-2.png

ScreenShot-3.png

ADW Launcher settings to hide the dock and notification bars. Desktop Visualizer combined with Folder Organizer to create the buttons. Digital Clock Widget and Minimalistic Text for the time & date info.

ive gotten desktop visualizer and cannot get myine to look like your it wont let me change the size of the icons? how in the hell do ya do it???lol

Upvote 0
Don't use that first 1x1 Small size, use the second one, you should be able to then resize it.

giving that a try now. thanks.
ok in the widget usage the top one is desktop visualizer (1x1 small ss) i dont want that one checked right?
then the second one is DVR (1x1 small) it is checked along with every other choice

Upvote 0
thought i figured it out. when choosing the size and icon its works but when you choose the application to launch it only opens DVR over and over wont open the app i want it too.. guess im not smart enough to use this app.

Try this thread: Android7 Theme.

Desktop Visualizer widget image dimensions and more are there.

Reactions: cincyrob
Upvote 0
ok here is a couple icons i just did. pretty crappy compared to those above, my artisitc side just sucks..lol getting the right size for the captivate to fill out each dimension is a little tricky. here is where my photoshop skills lack as well i cant seem to get the white area in he background out either.
DVR.png

pretty primitive but im still learning..lol

Upvote 0
here is where my photoshop skills lack as well i cant seem to get the white area in he background out either.

I assume that you're just using icons that you find on the internet? If so, try getting .png or .gif images. A lot of those have transparent backgrounds already. Just a note, .png's tend to be a better image than .gif.

Upvote 0
I assume that you're just using icons that you find on the internet? If so, try getting .png or .gif images. A lot of those have transparent backgrounds already. Just a note, .png's tend to be a better image than .gif.

yes i am. some i have created in PS5 pretty primitive stuff as im just learning PS.
ive kinda figured out how to us DVR now it is a cool app. i got to figure out the exact sizes for my captivate. the numbers that are in the link you posted doesnt quite get the image all the way to the edges i have been toying with some of them to get them right. here is what ia have done so far. not as smooth as yours but im learning the adjustments right now.

25p4rwg.png

Upvote 0
... the numbers that are in the link you posted doesnt quite get the image all the way to the edges i have been toying with some of them to get them right...

Unfortunately, your attempts to get the image "all the way to the edge" shouldn't work. Desktop Visualizer widgets automatically have a 10-pixel space between them and a 5-pixel border around the whole screen (give or take the dock area).

If you want images to be closer together, you may have to just create a collage wallpaper and just use Desktop Visualizer to make transparent widgets over sections of the background.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones