• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Preview of Webtop 3.0

The main function I like is the Firefox browser with plug ins. I could care less about tablet mode on a non touch display. I already have tablets for that function. If we lose the Firefox browser built in, that would suck immensely.

I thought the same thing. No Firefox means no hulu. This is only the beta so I hope they add a full browser on the webtop app.

Upvote 0
No point in Webtop for me if Firefox is gone. There is an app called Flash Browser that plays Hulu, but I use a lot of plug ins and mainly use the dock as a full desk top browser.

Am I the only one that finds a full tablet function on a non touch device not a great thing? It should function like a laptop, like the design of the dock replicates.

Upvote 0
No point in Webtop for me if Firefox is gone. There is an app called Flash Browser that plays Hulu, but I use a lot of plug ins and mainly use the dock as a full desk top browser.

Am I the only one that finds a full tablet function on a non touch device not a great thing? It should function like a laptop, like the design of the dock replicates.

Isn't the real difference only how it handled the apps in regards to navigating between them, closing, min/maxing windows?

I personally saw it as a fragmentation because who aside from Moto is going to waste the time developing webtop specific apps? Functions of the phone felt detached in the old webtop.

EDIT: Missed all the Hulu comments.

Upvote 0
The draw for me was a full Firefox and all the plug-ins. That is the lure for me and the lapdock. Tablets cover tablet functions for me. Seems superfluous. Firefox should at least be an option for the user. I am not in the minority with this view as far as Firefox and the plugins being a big draw.

Frankly, my iPad 3 64gb kicks any Android tablet I have used- including the Prime. I have relegated my Thrive and View as game emulator systems or back-up devices. iTunes as the only portal still sucks, none the less.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones