• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root problem with entitlement check

gamer8

Aug 12, 2010
hello

i was trying to disable the entitlement check using this guide:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1912323

he says there, that there supposted to be a "settings" table in the settings.db file, but mine doesn't have it (added a screen shot)

I can't find this entitlement check anyway (doesn't appear inside system or secure)
using atrix 2, please help.

Thanks

Screenshot_2013_08_15_13_48_07.png

If you read post no.4, it refers to an AT&T ROM. Is that what you've got, an AT&T phone and are you in the United States? This "entitlement" thing is about locking-out and disabling tethering and other paid optional extras, which is what US carriers do to some of their phones. "Pelephone" is an Israeli carrier.

The entitlement check is a setting built into the AT&T ROM
If you haven't got an AT&T ROM then you probably won't find it I guess.

Upvote 0
it is an at&t rom since the phone is from the US. it has all the at&t adress book and some other things i don't need :)
anyway i solved the problem in a more elegant way.
just root the phone, then use the explorer to go to system/app and rename the 2 files of entitlement check.

hope it helped to whoever needs it.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
HOW DID YOU DO THAT THEN
first off, welcome to AF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

second, don't expect an answer from the op as this thread was started in 2013.

thirdly he explains it here:
it is an at&t rom since the phone is from the US. it has all the at&t adress book and some other things i don't need :)
anyway i solved the problem in a more elegant way.
just root the phone, then use the explorer to go to system/app and rename the 2 files of entitlement check.

hope it helped to whoever needs it.
what phone do you have?

Upvote 0
I don't know how to do what I need to on this site but the entitlement check comes alot of apps but on hot spot it won't go anywhere move on it only continues looking and do I can't use it
i'm sorry, you lost me at hotspot. can you explain what is going on in a more clear and detailed explanation?

also your phone does not have a root solution.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones