• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Provide Info here for new Rogers 2011 Phones

This is the one I'd give up a keyboard for:
Samsung Galaxy SII
4.3" screen, Android 2.3, Camera: 8mp, Memory: 16GB/32GB storage, 1 GB RAM, Screen: Super AMOLED Plus Processor: Dual-core 1GHz ARM Cortex-A9 proccessor, Mali-400MP GPU, Orion chipset.
Samsung GALAXY S II
But is any Canadian carriers claiming the phone yet? I know it's going to be released in the UK end of next month.

Upvote 0
I'm pretty disappointed (again) with Rogers and their "offering". Given what X10 owners went through to get an update, and lack of support from Sony, I'd likely stay away from the Sony devices. Also, what is it with Rogers and their aversion to devices with physical keyboards? My wife has a Dream, and she loves having a keyboard. She'll need a new phone soon, and won't get one without a keyboard.

I've been saving up money since my birthday last year, and will be looking at buying either the HTC Desire HD from telus (NO contract) or the Motorola Atrix (NO contract) from bell and unlocking. I _definiately_ won't be extending my contract with Rogers again just to get another phone. As soon as my contract is up in 2012 I will be using my Free Agent status as leverage to get a better deal from R.

I agree about Rogers aversion to phones with hardkey. I'm still using my htc dream like ur wife. I have been waiting.. and waiting for another good phone with a slide out key pad from Rogers but they just don't seem to want to pick one up. The htc desire came out with nmo keypad... but the htc desire z came out with bell and has a keypad. I'm tired of waiting and ready to go to another carrier. Even if not for them not propducing hardkey phones.... Rogers is terrible and giving software updates for the phone u have.. they wait for u to get fed up and just buy another phone from them at a diso**** and lock u in for another 3 years! I HATE ROGERS!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones