• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Purple "F" on notification bar after disabling safe side

Kelmar

Done by choice
Nov 28, 2009
ROM I was running recently crashed (again) so I disabled my safe side and went back to my nandroid. Odd thing is, now there is a purple F that's stuck on my notification bar that doesn't show anything when the notification bar is dragged down.

I've rebooting, cleared caches, reflashed backup, etc.... It doesn't seem to cause any problems.

Ideas (other then fastbooting)???

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1349091791438.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349091791438.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 47
I've never seen that either. I'm sure it's unrelated to safestrap. We're there any apps in your backup or unsafe side that you didn't have on your rom or safe side?

There might be an app in the background or something. Try looking in manage apps >all and see if anything stands out.

Yeah, it threw me for a loop too!

I'm sure there was, but I always do a fresh install with ROMs (nothing that ever had a "F" notification though.

Checked... Nothing sticks out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones