• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Questions about Straight Talk service

crarbo1

Jul 17, 2010
Hello,
I'm considering going with straight talk service. I want to buy an unlocked phone, HTC ONE S. The locked version of this phone is with T-Mobile, if that even matters. I have a few questions that I would like answered before I spend money on the phone and ST service. Here they are:

Can I select AT&T in the SIM card purchasing options even if my phone is unlocked? I would need the micro SIM card but the AT&T purchasing option has this.

If I can do the above, will I get AT&T normal voice coverage or would I get there GoPhone voice coverage?

Would I get AT&T's data coverage for both 4G and 3G or just 3G?

I would like to order the phone very soon, so any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Chuck

http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=4433257

I already replied to your other post on the thread above.

A couple of things though. Make sure it is unlocked if you want to choose. If it is locked with T-Mobile then you must unlock it somehow or get the T-Mobile sim. Also, for 4G, you will get HSPA+, not LTE. The coverage is ATT's normal coverage, not the go phone coverage. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones