• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Quick Question

GalaxyNexus

Android Enthusiast
Nov 12, 2011
Bikini Bottom
I am also thinking about putting a Galaxy Note on Straight Talk. If I were to buy an unlocked ATT Note would I be able to get LTE and HSPA+ when I put in the ATT sim card? Also, could I use the same phone where I didn't have coverage and put in a T-Mobile sim card? If the answer to these questions are yes, then I question why EVERYONE is not on StraightTalk. This is one heck of a deal, especially with no throttling. :D

No problem! I agree with your question though about why everyone isn't on straighttalk (or, for people like me who don't talk on the phone much, the T-Mobile $30 plan). No contract, incredibly cheap, incredibly flexible... the only catch is having to buy a phone outright, and even this is no longer a huge issue with Google's more aggressive pricing in the Play Store for a Galaxy Nexus.

Upvote 0
I'm so fed up with VZW's incredibly slow and tight lipped updates for their phones.
So I'm looking into both ST and AT&T's pre-paid plans. Still not sure how the data plan works with AT&T GoPhone plan. Their page says it requires data package that has only up to $25/1Gb. But I guess AT&T's pre-paid plan allows LTE connection while ST doesn't?

What are the pros and cons of pre-paid plans from both providers?

Upvote 0
I'm so fed up with VZW's incredibly slow and tight lipped updates for their phones.
So I'm looking into both ST and AT&T's pre-paid plans. Still not sure how the data plan works with AT&T GoPhone plan. Their page says it requires data package that has only up to $25/1Gb. But I guess AT&T's pre-paid plan allows LTE connection while ST doesn't?

What are the pros and cons of pre-paid plans from both providers?

Looked into att go phone but pre paid has their own special coverage map. If you want att LTE you have to get a contract. However you can use straight talk and use their hspa+

Upvote 0
Looked into att go phone but pre paid has their own special coverage map. If you want att LTE you have to get a contract. However you can use straight talk and use their hspa+

I looked at their map on gophone too. But it doesn't seem any different than regular ATT map on contract. And are you sure that gophone doesn't allow LTE data?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones