• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Random Thought Thread

I stopped at a McDonalds with a dual drive through. I ordered a filet-o-fish, sandwich only, paid for it then noticed a lot of people in wait spots after the drive through. I got up to the food window and the woman hands me a large coke and a bag. I get back home and I open the bag 10 chicken nuggets and a large fry.

Upvote 0
I stopped at a McDonalds with a dual drive through. I ordered a filet-o-fish, sandwich only, paid for it then noticed a lot of people in wait spots after the drive through. I got up to the food window and the woman hands me a large coke and a bag. I get back home and I open the bag 10 chicken nuggets and a large fry.
Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose on a deal like that.

Upvote 0
blob

Photo I took early this morning.

Reactions: Clementine_3
Upvote 0
So today, I burned my fingers and luckily I had one of those laytex gloves on my fingers, and it was for me on some coffee, things were a bit slow at my side occupation, waited for about oh about a few hours for my sister, wrote in the words to my friend, who looked at my paper.

"Jupiter was cut in two with the metor slicing the entire planet in two.." something in those lines though, had my lunch at that place too, well tonight she treated me to Imaginary Friend's movie. What a heartfelt movie that was all around.

Upvote 0
Here's a random thought for ya...

If you want to make a real difference in people's lives, buy the book "The Total Money Makeover" by Dave Ramsey for every high school graduate in your church's or organization's youth group. Order a case for your local pregnancy counseling center and/or shelter for abused spouses & children.

We've given the book as a wedding gift and received a card saying it was the most thoughtful (and useful) gift they'd received. The director of our local pregnancy counseling center called to say that while seated in the lobby, a young man picked up a copy of the book and was absorbed in it during his lady's counseling session. Having some to spare, he and the young mom-to-be were elated when the center gave them the book... and the tools they need to be a financially strong new family.

The gift of financial freedom cannot be overemphasized. I remember when, in 2002, we were one day away from bankruptcy. After a desperate phone call to a Dave Ramsey counselor, he ordered a free home study kit of Financial Peace University for us. A couple of years later, my sister confided that she was in serious money trouble - we were able to send her a home study kit. We've since helped countless people get back on track, out of debt, and on the way to financial independence... all because of the compassion one person had for us decades ago.

Moral of the story is: "learn to manage your money or the lack of it will manage you!"

Upvote 0
My heart goes out to you, @olbriar . It's always a bittersweet day, the birthday (or death date) of a departed parent. Once my Dad passed to his eternal reward, I became the patriarch of the family... and it's no small burden.

I've always maintained that there are four milestones of mortality:

You make the same complaints about this new generation and their gadgets that your elders made about you & yours;

Your favorite music is now in the "oldies" category;

Your car insurance goes down while your life insurance goes up;

Death of a parent.

I hope you spend the day celebrating his life and the person he was.

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
(snip)

I hope you spend the day celebrating his life and the person he was.
He lived a grand life. I always aspired to be the man he was. A fun person to be around but lived a very regimented life with high moral standards. I've never met a more honest person. He was part of that dust bowl, depression, WWII generation that you simply have to admire.

Reactions: The_Chief
Upvote 0
That's the way to do it. We have ONE life on this planet, so we need to live it loud; not worry about what others think about us; and live the Golden Rule: treat others the same way you want them to treat you. I'm glad he made the most of this life. Like you, I had a Dad who was fun to be around but very... well, I like your word "regimented". There's no way anyone can fill his shoes: we can only aspire to walk in his footsteps.

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
There are kids by my house on 2 wheel electric scooters going 20-25mph with no helmet. Sooner or later one of them is going to whip out, and it won't be pretty
There was no riding helmets or I sure didn't know about them when I was a kid. I've worn a helmet for the last 40 years of riding. Partly because of the speed I travel but mostly acknowledging what damage can be done by a slight head impact. It's just not worth the gamble.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones