• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Reading text files from Android to Windows 7 Using Batch File

A

Android Question

Hi. I have an android phone/barcode reader and need to read a simple text file from the device to a windows 7 PC. I can do this using explorer as it sees the android file system, but I need to be able to do it using a windows batch file as it is part of a bigger process. The android hard drive is not a mapped drive in Windows. I need to be able to either map the drive so that I can read the file in the conventional 'Windows' way (using cecopy.exe command) or I need another method that can be incorporated into a batch file. Can anyone help please?

What version of Android are you using? After 4.1 I think the only data connection on the phone is MTP which won't allow drive mapping.

If the device is going to be connected to the PC at the time the file is created, you could have tasker watch the folder and push any new files to your PC. Don't ask me how, I'm not familiar enough with tasker to be able to answer that definitively. If you think that might work for you, I could track down a tasker guru for you. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones