• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Recent changes to forum.

Phases

NO LONGER ADMIN
Sep 9, 2008
Nashville, TN
Have knocked a few things off my to-do list, enough now to post an update covering them. They are as follows:

- Renamed X3 forum to X10

- Made some changes to hopefully help with the www vs non www problems experienced when clicking around on the site. Problem with it during logging in is not yet resolved.

- Added Device to user info.

- Mobile site has a few changes (2).

- Renamed "Tips and Tricks" forum to "Android Lounge", for general Android chat and questions.

- Changed Top 5 stats. Now top 10. Remove hottest and most viewed threads and expand newest/top posters. Team members no longer considered for top posters. Last six months of posting. Feedback on this is welcome.

- Breadcrumbs added to bottom of thread, down under "next/previous thread". Scroll down to see.

- Obtrusive (to mobile viewing) Amazon add removed.

Have knocked a few things off my to-do list, enough now to post an update covering them. They are as follows:

- Renamed X3 forum to X10

- Made some changes to hopefully help with the www vs non www problems experienced when clicking around on the site. Problem with it during logging in is not yet resolved.

- Added Device to user info.

- Mobile site has a few changes (2).

- Renamed "Tips and Tricks" forum to "Android Lounge", for general Android chat and questions.

- Changed Top 5 stats. Now top 10. Remove hottest and most viewed threads and expand newest/top posters. Feedback on this is welcome.

They all look good to me ... all improvements for the better IMO

Upvote 0
I hate making new threads so ima post this suggestion here.

think about installing the signature once per page mod from vb.org for a few reasons

1. it cleans up the forum

2. with such a busy forum it will really cut down on server loads, ESPECIALLY since we are defaulted to 50 post per page.

(this mod does what it says, shows a users signature one time per page. so in the first 50 posts i posted 10 times my sig shows once therefore lowering load time for the end user and server both)

Upvote 0
I hate making new threads so ima post this suggestion here.

think about installing the signature once per page mod from vb.org for a few reasons

1. it cleans up the forum

2. with such a busy forum it will really cut down on server loads, ESPECIALLY since we are defaulted to 50 post per page.

(this mod does what it says, shows a users signature one time per page. so in the first 50 posts i posted 10 times my sig shows once therefore lowering load time for the end user and server both)

Not a bad suggestion.

Upvote 0
didnt want to make a new thread.. could you give us anymore on that VIP area?

who are premium members? how does one become a premium member..

Info on this very soon. Day or two. But the vip area at the moment is just an empty forum. Nothing really special about it except that only premium and mods can see it.

Upvote 0
(one sig per page mod) Done

thank you!

speaking of thanks, why dontcha take a sec and upload these sweet custom buttons....

(you know you want to)

previews, full zip attached....

newthread.gif

multiquote_on.gif

post_thanks.gif

Attachments

• buttons.zip
    24 KB · Views: 142
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones