• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[RECOVERY][D2MTR][OFFICIAL] TWRP 2.4.1.0 with on-screen keyboard! [02-10-2013]

Mrpnut saves the day once again. Thanks bro!

Edit: so just to be safe than sorry, what exactly do I do with this .tar file? Odin right? Im pretty sure but id just like some confirmation because odin scares me lol (always feel like odin will brick my phone)

You probably figired it out by now but yeah. Tar files are odin and zips are for recoveries 90% of the times.

Upvote 0
Is the updated available in GooManager ? or should I just grab the the files and flash it in recovery I already have TWRP and which files the Tar or the img... please advice I don't know much :D

AND THANK SO MUCH Shabbypenguin!!! :thumbup:

Yeah. Goomanger is still the easiest way. Boot into recovery after to verify you've got version 2.3.3.0 and reset default while you're there.

Upvote 0
Yeah. Goomanger is still the easiest way. Boot into recovery after to verify you've got version 2.3.3.0 and reset default while you're there.

THANKS I will do that right away!

Updated : I tried but first couldn't find the rest to default in recovery, so I just open the app and try it from there but the file it wants to install is the 2.3.3.0 ... so I guest I need to do it the hard way hehehe

Upvote 0
The new version 2.4.2 is out...apparently it can inject superstar from recovery...does that mean u can root from twrp...And has anyone experienced any bugs with it?

Flash at your own risk!! I got stuck in download mode after doing so. I took the opportunity to odin shabbys stock tar and still no jb update. I flash 2.4.2 via rtp btw.

Upvote 0
Rtp is romtoolbox pro. I'm testing with goomanager now. Will report back in a bit.

Edit: goomanager worked. I'm on thwt good 2.4.2 lol
I use romtoolbox pro also but i didnt know you could update recovery with that lol...do you have any idea if that whole injecting supersu feature in twrp means rooting it? im just curious because thats what it sounds like it is... which could be very convenient

Upvote 0
I use romtoolbox pro also but i didnt know you could update recovery with that lol...do you have any idea if that whole injecting supersu feature in twrp means rooting it? im just curious because thats what it sounds like it is... which could be very convenient

Well just like shabby said above. We've always been able to flash supersu in recovery. He has the suoersu zip in his cwm thread. So it's nothing new.

When you get your phone fresh. You won't be able to even use goomanager to install recovery without root so the idea of injection doesn't add up. Lol

Upvote 0
Well just like shabby said above. We've always been able to flash supersu in recovery. He has the suoersu zip in his cwm thread. So it's nothing new.

When you get your phone fresh. You won't be able to even use goomanager to install recovery without root so the idea of injection doesn't add up. Lol
Thats what xda wrote in a blog post...and when i lost root( i think you remember when i deleted superuser) all i did was download the recovery from goomanager and then reboot...when i rebooted twrp opened up :thinking: it was kind of weird but i juist went with the flow and flashed the supersu zip lol

Upvote 0
Any new features or does it just fix bugs?

What's new in 2.4.3.0:

• Fixed 2 bugs related to restore, one dealing with mknod failures (by bigbiff) and one dealing with restoring hardlinks (by Dees_Troy)
    NOTE: If your backups weren't restoring correctly in earlier 2.4.x versions they should restore correctly now. Hopefully you didn't delete those backups. If you're still having problems, run the restore, go to advanced and copy log, then give us the log. Complaints without logs will be rightfully ignored.
  • Added a scroll bar to file selectors and listboxes courtesy of Tassadar
  • Added libblkid for more accurate detection of file systems and can now detect exFAT properly thanks to bigbiff
  • Added a screen dim effect 2 seconds before screen off on some devices
  • Finally fixed file selector crash (one of the joys of working with multi-threaded software)
  • Fixed loading of screen timeout setting during startup
  • Improvements and bugfixes to screen timeout code
  • Fixed persistence of the 24 hour / military time setting

TeamWin Projects - TWRP 2.4 - | TeamWin

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones