• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Remove 4 hour limit on face unlock?

Sunny Rio

Android Enthusiast
    Dec 4, 2020
    I can't understand why there's a 4 hour limit on face unlock. I come back to my phone after not using it for 4 hours (yeah people sometimes stop using their phone for 4 hours), and I can't unlock it with my face. This is ridiculous. Any app or other tweak to bypass this stupidity?

No limit makes sense, but mine (Moto G31, Android 12) says 4 hours when I'm in the settings page where I recorded my face.

I guess the fingerprint is ok (mine is inside the power button, which confuses people when it reacts differently to their finger than mine), but it's monumentally annoying to have the face feature and have it sometimes refuse.

I guess it's better than my Aunt's Iphone which sometimes simply doesn't work. Their cameras are nothing to be proud of, a photo she took of me made it look like I had a beard when I didn't.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones