• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Remove entry from My Sounds

There does not appear to be a way to do this through the configuration interface. This is how I did it:

Open the "Files" app
In the app, menu into your internal device folders
Open the "Android" folder
Open the "data" folder
Search via the search bar for "sound"
Open the "com.google.android.sound" folder
Open the "Notifications" folder

You will then see a list of all your saved "My Sounds" files. Select and delete whichever ones you need to.

Reactions: Hadron
Upvote 0
There does not appear to be a way to do this through the configuration interface. This is how I did it:

Open the "Files" app
In the app, menu into your internal device folders
Open the "Android" folder
Open the "data" folder
Search via the search bar for "sound"
Open the "com.google.android.sound" folder
Open the "Notifications" folder

You will then see a list of all your saved "My Sounds" files. Select and delete whichever ones you need to.
I tried your suggestion but I don't have that folder in "data". The closest I have is "com.google.android.soundpicker" which does not contain a "Notifications" folder, only "cache" which is empty.

Upvote 0
Hmmm. Actually, "com.google.android.soundpicker" is the directory (it was truncated on my display). What device do you have?

This worked on my Pixel 3. Are you sure you are looking in the "/Android/data/com.google.android.soundpicker" directory on the internal storage and not a secondary SD card storage or something of that nature?

What version of Android? I'm on 10.

Not sure what else to suggest.

Upvote 0
Hmmm. Actually, "com.google.android.soundpicker" is the directory (it was truncated on my display). What device do you have?

This worked on my Pixel 3. Are you sure you are looking in the "/Android/data/com.google.android.soundpicker" directory on the internal storage and not a secondary SD card storage or something of that nature?

What version of Android? I'm on 10.

Not sure what else to suggest.
I have a Pixel 3A XL. And yes Android/data/com.google.android.soundpicker. Cache is the only thing there. And it's internal storage, I don't have any secondary SD card as that isn't possible with a 3A. And I'm on Android 10 as well. I even looked there using the app OI File Manager and saw the same thing. Oh well, thanks anyway.

Upvote 0
I found a way to do this on my Pixel 3a. Using File Manager by Xiaomi Inc. from play store, hit the folder icon at the top to navigate to Internal shared storage/Android/media/com.google.android.soundpicker and the Notifications and Ringtones folders were found there and the files were able to be deleted. Hope that helps.

Upvote 0
I found a way to do this on my Pixel 3a. Using File Manager by Xiaomi Inc. from play store, hit the folder icon at the top to navigate to Internal shared storage/Android/media/com.google.android.soundpicker and the Notifications and Ringtones folders were found there and the files were able to be deleted. Hope that helps.
I'm glad that worked for you but in my Soundpicker folder, the only thing there is a Cache folder and it's empty.
So I still have no way to remove elements from My Sounds but I'm living with it. Oh well.

Upvote 0
One more suggestion, in the meantime I found a way to delete them using the stock file manager also. Click the top left menu in the file manager and then select Pixel 3a. Now you should see a folder layout, select Android - media - com.google… - Notifications or Ringtones. Hold file name to for 2 seconds to select, hit trash icon, hit ok. Also you can show files by list or tiles by clicking the layout box on the right just above the files. If you still cant find the file you wish to delete, you could also search for the name of the file after selecting Pixel 3a as explained above. Nothing else I can think of right now. Good Luck.

Reactions: JLeslie
Upvote 0
One more suggestion, in the meantime I found a way to delete them using the stock file manager also. Click the top left menu in the file manager and then select Pixel 3a. Now you should see a folder layout, select Android - media - com.google… - Notifications or Ringtones. Hold file name to for 2 seconds to select, hit trash icon, hit ok. Also you can show files by list or tiles by clicking the layout box on the right just above the files. If you still cant find the file you wish to delete, you could also search for the name of the file after selecting Pixel 3a as explained above. Nothing else I can think of right now. Good Luck.
What is the name of the "stock" file manager? Is that Files? I tried that as well as OI File Manager which I started using years and 3 phones ago. Both give the same result. In case the Files app is what you're referring to I'll try your method here.

Upvote 0
THAT DID IT!!! I used Files in case that's what you were referring to and followed your directions. Everything showed up just like you said. I deleted all items in there and now they are gone from My Sounds!
Thank you so very much!!!

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones