• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rename "Gaming" section to "Video-games"?

Windroid

Android Enthusiast
Feb 20, 2023
In my opinion: the "Gaming" section of the forum should be renamed "Video-games"? "Gaming" (and "gamer") is jargon, slang. The standard English term is "video-game", and that's the term people are more likely to understand. This is especially important if we want this forum to speak to a worldwide audience, and not just people who speak English as their first language.

Upvote 0
Video Games?

Robin Williams What Year Is It GIF

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
When I hear video games it reminds me of what my parents called Nintendo back in the 80's and 90's when I was growing up. Call the section whatever, you know me, I'm just here to stir the pot ;):goofydroid:
Which shows my point: "Video-games" is a term that normal people understand, not just young people who are really into video-games (no offence).

Upvote 0
but when you say you are a gamer, most people know what that means. if i say i am a video game gamer or video gamer people will look at you weird. gaming refers to all kinds of "video games" whether it is a pc game or a console game as well as games on hand held devices.....so i do not see a need to change the forum name.

Reactions: treb1797
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones