• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Requesting Testers for Unlocking Bootloader and CWM

Sepero

Linux Guru
Aug 26, 2010
UPDATE:
OUR GOAL WAS ACCOMPLISHED IN THIS THREAD. WE CAN NOW MAKE SYSTEM BACKUPS WITH HUAWEI PREMIA 4G. GO TO THE FOLLOWING THREAD FOR DOWNLOAD
: http://androidforums.com/premia-4g-all-things-root/732534-oudhs-clockworkmod-recovery-1-0-3-4-a.html

This is a request for Test subjects for the the Huawei Premia 4G. We are attempting to TRY and-

1. get unlocked bootloader
  2. get CWM to allow system backups

I'm working on this with Shabbypenguin of oudhitsquad (Shabby brought root access to the Huawei Premia 4G). Also you can help fund work and purchases of new test devices by clicking the button below.

This is a request for Test subjects for the the Huawei Premia 4G. We are attempting to TRY and-

1. get unlocked bootloader
  2. get CWM to allow system backups

If you would like to volunteer your time and device (or if you would like to donate a device)- Contact me for chat via IRC:
webchat
or irc://irc.freenode.org/oudhitsquad

I'm working with Shabby from oudhitsquad to bring this to you. Also you can help fund work and purchases of new test devices by clicking the button below.

As soon as I get back I'll volunteer my phone to be a tester. Should be Monday or so

Reactions: Sepero
Upvote 0
CAM00004.jpg

so good news/bad news:

good:
you guys dont have a locked bootloader.
recovery works for teh most part and will be out as soon as i can :)
sepero made this thread so that someone finally decided to test :)

bad:
touch isnt working in the recovery
nor is internal sdcard
the screen shifts a bit to the left (wrapping around) when you scroll
you guys could have found all this out 5 months ago and had recovery since :p

the internal sdcard i need someone to tell me where sdcard stuff goes. on a lot of devices /data/media is where it gets stored. /mnt/sdcard/ and /sdcard answer will be ignored, they are just links to where its actually kept :)

once i get internal working ill publicly release it and work on graphics (the shifting) as for touch idk if that will ever be working... some oem's do weird stuff

edit: someone check out /devices/platform/rk29_sdmmc.0/mmc_host/mmc0 and see if taht has their internal stuff

Upvote 0
edit: someone check out /devices/platform/rk29_sdmmc.0/mmc_host/mmc0 and see if taht has their internal stuff
OK I couldn't find that path you stated. I'll keep looking, maybe I'll stumble over it

I did find something close at
Sys/devices/platform/msm_sdcc.1/mmc_host/mmc0/

In that folder there is:
Clkgate_delay (file)
Folders: device, mmc0.0001,power, and subsystem
Uevent (file)
Is that what you were looking for?

And thanks for working on the recovery

Upvote 0
OK I couldn't find that path you stated. I'll keep looking, maybe I'll stumble over it

I did find something close at
Sys/devices/platform/msm_sdcc.1/mmc_host/mmc0/

In that folder there is:
Clkgate_delay (file)
Folders: device, mmc0.0001,power, and subsystem
Uevent (file)
Is that what you were looking for?

And thanks for working on the recovery

thanks for trying, but thats not what i need :(. its my understanding the phone has an internal sdcard. a place where you can save pics and files to if you dont have an actual microsdcard. its normally /data/media. but the tester said he couldnt find that so idk where internal storage is. i could release a version without it and just have external storage as an option, but then everyone needs to have microsdcards.

Reactions: JrossiX and Sepero
Upvote 0
Yes good news. Good work Shabby, and Big Thanks to Spec2nirvash for helping test this out. Cheers!

Also Shabby, I think what you're looking for is
/mnt/secure/asec/
Code:
rootfs / rootfs ro,relatime 0 0
tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,nosuid,relatime,mode=755 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,relatime,mode=600 0 0
proc /proc proc rw,relatime 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs rw,relatime 0 0
/sys/kernel/debug /sys/kernel/debug debugfs rw,relatime 0 0
none /acct cgroup rw,relatime,cpuacct 0 0
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/cust /cust ext4 ro,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/asec tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/obb tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
none /dev/cpuctl cgroup rw,relatime,cpu 0 0
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system /system ext4 ro,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata /data ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/persist /persist ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/cache /cache ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/tombstones /tombstones ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modem /firmware vfat ro,relatime,fmask=0000,dmask=0000,allow_utime=0022,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=lower,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:33 /mnt/sdcard2 vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0002,dmask=0002,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:33 /mnt/secure/asec vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0002,dmask=0002,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/sdcard2/.android_secure tmpfs ro,relatime,size=0k,mode=000 0 0
/dev/fuse /mnt/sdcard fuse rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=1023,group_id=1023,default_permissions,allow_other 0 0
/dev/block/dm-0 /mnt/asec/com.tapatalk.androidforumscom-1 vfat ro,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,relatime,uid=1000,fmask=0222,dmask=0222,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
Thanks to user TheEmpatheticEar for this info.

UPDATE:
The internal storage location was found to be
/data/share/

Upvote 0
nah that is something different, knowing its fuse helps a bit. at least i know its on teh device.

https://android.googlesource.com/pl...197870433386fb809d34b58b30fc0/sdcard/sdcard.c

tells me its using fuse, so can someone please double check /data/media and tell me if anything is there.

If you want to remote connect and browse my device you're welcome to. I'm rooted, but file explorer says I need root access to open the data folder >.>

PS: Sorry to jump the gun here, but once CWM is fully functional, how long does it usually take for someone to release a custom ROM?

Upvote 0
If you want to remote connect and browse my device you're welcome to. I'm rooted, but file explorer says I need root access to open the data folder >.>

PS: Sorry to jump the gun here, but once CWM is fully functional, how long does it usually take for someone to release a custom ROM?

however long it takes for someone to dump the system partition and make it into a rom...

Upvote 0
Hello out of curiosity not trying to rush you... Did you figure it out yet? I greatly appreciate what your doing even though you don't own this phone thanks :)

spec was the only premia tester ive had in irc save for elk when we worked on root...

if no one tests then i cant push forward. same issue i had months ago when no one would test :p

Upvote 0
spec was the only premia tester ive had in irc save for elk when we worked on root...

if no one tests then i cant push forward. same issue i had months ago when no one would test :p

I would love to see custom recovery/roms on the premia. I am willing to test. I am a total noob, but I'm more than willing to learn. Please let me know if I can help make it happen. And thank-you for getting me rooted. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones