• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

returning the driod 3 and getting the galaxy s 2?

Kylef5993

Lurker
Sep 27, 2010
i currently have the original droid and it is giving me problems so im looking to upgrade. i really want to wait for the galaxy s 2 but my phone is awful right now. im on verizon. is it possible for me to get the droid 3 then return it whenever the galaxy s 2 comes out and get that?

This is probably another reason why the return rate for android os is at 30 to 40 percent. :p
There so many choices to entice a person from one android device to another.

I would wait, OP if you aren't sure about the D3 or buy it at another retail store that has a longer return period. If I were you, I would wait til mid to late august to see if the sg2 comes out.

Tough it out. Haha

Upvote 0
You only get a certian # of days to return a phone to VZW (14 I think) currently there is no ETA on the release of the SGS2 on VZW or if there will be a release.
^ This. I'd suggest waiting unless you're willing to be stuck with the D3. Don't rely on rumored release dates. Stick with the official announcements.

And by the way i am new here, does anyone know how to post a thread??
IT would REALLY helpful!!!
There's a button at the top and bottom of the list of threads. Just like there's a New Reply button at the top and bottom of the posts within a thread. The button looks like this:

newthread.gif

Upvote 0
i currently have the original droid and it is giving me problems so im looking to upgrade. i really want to wait for the galaxy s 2 but my phone is awful right now. im on verizon. is it possible for me to get the droid 3 then return it whenever the galaxy s 2 comes out and get that?

I'm sorry to hear your original Droid is giving you problems. Is there anything I can do to help you with it? If you have another smartphone, you can activate that device in the meantime until you decide on which device you want to upgrade to.

As far as returns at Verizon are concerned, please view this linkReturn Policy - Verizon Wireless

Tamara H.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones