• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

*Rezound ICS OTA is live Thread*

one silly question...the playlists ive created thru the stock music player, do you know if ill lose those when doing a factory reset? not the actual songs themselves, i know those will still be on the sd card, but the actual playlist configurations.

I think it will. Not sure but I figured there is a saved playlist file somewhere if you can hunt it down you should be able to save it and back it back after the reset

Upvote 0
My phone (all stock, gingerbread) "updated" friday night. I went the "check new" route and it said an update was available. I downloaded the update and I restarted the phone but it appears I don't have ICS. When I check the software status it says Android 2.3.4. I've restarted the phone several times and its the same. The only changes I notice are a few changes in the way the Gallery loads pics. Everything else is the same. I did notice the updating process did not take long, only maybe 5 minutes.

here are screenshots after updating:
2012-08-05_16-08-15.jpg

2012-08-05_16-08-30.jpg

How do I get ICS?

Upvote 0
My phone (all stock, gingerbread) "updated" friday night. I went the "check new" route and it said an update was available. I downloaded the update and I restarted the phone but it appears I don't have ICS. When I check the software status it says Android 2.3.4. I've restarted the phone several times and its the same. The only changes I notice are a few changes in the way the Gallery loads pics. Everything else is the same. I did notice the updating process did not take long, only maybe 5 minutes.

http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu223/jpcdmd/201-08-05_6-08-15.jpg[/MG]
[IMG]http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu223/jpcdmd/2012-0805_16-08-30.jpg[/MG]

How do I get ICS?[/QUOTE]

When you restarted phone was fast boot turned off?

Upvote 0

2012-08-05_16-08-15.jpg

2012-08-05_16-08-30.jpg

How do I get ICS?

That's because that's not the ICS update. That's the ICS Prep update. The ICS update is huge, weighing in at 300mb. You will get a second update.

Oh, and for those above trying to receive the update. Try checkin first, then plug the phone into a wall outlet, then try the update.

Upvote 0
so does anyone know what the deal is with foxfi still not working on non-rooted rezounds?? i thought verizon had to pay that fine and then enable users to be able to tether via wifi on 3rd party wifi apps like this? anytime i try to connect to my tablet thru wifi OR even bt it prompts me to call the 1800 number to activate my hotspot feature thru verizon. i thought after this ics update and verizon paying that fine we'd be good to go.

Upvote 0
so does anyone know what the deal is with foxfi still not working on non-rooted rezounds?? i thought verizon had to pay that fine and then enable users to be able to tether via wifi on 3rd party wifi apps like this? anytime i try to connect to my tablet thru wifi OR even bt it prompts me to call the 1800 number to activate my hotspot feature thru verizon. i thought after this ics update and verizon paying that fine we'd be good to go.

I thought of you were on a tiered plan you can tether. But if you're on unlimited, you have to subscribe.

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
I thought of you were on a tiered plan you can tether. But if you're on unlimited, you have to subscribe.
im on unlimited. can anyone on a non rooted rezound thats on a tiered plan, not unlimited, confirm that foxfi is actually working?? i dont wanna go away from my unlimited unless i know for sure its going to work. im not a heavy user, but still dont wanna lose unlimited for no reason.

Upvote 0
i dont mind rooting, just have no experience doing it whatsoever, so reading a lot of this technical stuff about root on these forums can be a little overwhelming. what steps did you take to do this? any help is appreciated.

I did it the easy way. I used Hasoon2000's toolkit. It's foolproof . I watched his YouTube video then went for it. I'm not experienced either.

Upvote 0
hmm, mines having the same issue. ive had the phone about a year, and any time i click on status, its completely blank, except for the source field saying verizon wireless, and the code field says 0. and when i go to check new, the checking new software box comes up for a few seconds, then just disapears without saying anything. would doing a factory reset fix this issue so i could get the ota ics pushed to my device? or is a device replacement thru customer care the only option? really dont want a refurb.

i had that problem... but rebooting the phone and trying again when connected to WiFi solved it for me.

i'm loving the group folders.

Upvote 0
Okay, I am convinced that there isn't enough difference between the two (except for possible preloaded bloatware updates) to worry about it, so I downloaded the leak last night and just finished jacking it in this morning. Two installs followed by a factory reset. Redundant? Yup. Interesting? Probably not. But I just like to keep everyone informed of issues during this rollout. Other than the fact that I didn't get the push after a week (which I didn't expect to get at all anyway) I've had zero issues thus far. I may not be on here very much now since most of the excitement has kinda slowed down, but I had a few people thank me for some stuff so I guess I've been somewhat helpful. Maybe. :rolleyes:

If anyone wants to contact me, find me on Twitter or G+ if you don't see me around here. When it comes time for me to root this thing I'll be on here in full force again. Maybe even someone will have a One-Click Root app by then, or maybe there'll be another OTA. Who knows? In the meantime, THANK YOU EVERYBODY FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP. Long live Android!

Upvote 0
Is there any sure fire way to instigate the OTA update? I'm on a stock Rezound, and nothing happens when I check for new updates. My wife got her phone the same day as me and she got her update on Saturday. HTC says could take up to 45 days, but it seems everyone I talk to has gotten their update.
Of course, download and install the RUU manually, or there is also a way with excellent instructions in the All Things Root section to install it manually without losing data. Otherwise, patience...

Upvote 0
I'd rather not root at this point. Will downloading and installing manually make it identical to the OTA update? Will I receive future updates? Finally, do you have a link to the RUU?
Installing the RUU is not rooting/unlocking or anything else to make your phone non-stock, the .12 RUU IS the official ICS update, it is the same as the OTA update just the full ROM and it will wipe all the data from your phone. Yes, you will receive future OTA updates. It can be downloaded from AndroidPolice here: [Exclusive Download] HTC Rezound Ice Cream Sandwich RUU For Final OTA (3.14.605.12)

And MrSmith over at AndroidCentral.com did a nice write up on how to flash it here: [How-To] Flash a leaked RUU - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Reactions: jtfoster
Upvote 0
I'd rather not root at this point. Will downloading and installing manually make it identical to the OTA update? Will I receive future updates? Finally, do you have a link to the RUU?

You can do the RUU without root and your phone will be identical to anyones that got the OTA so yes you will receive future updates.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones