• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

RIP funkylogik - with great sadness

EarlyMon

The PearlyMon
Jun 10, 2010
New Mexico, USA
I have the unhappy task of reporting that our own funkylogik has passed away.

https://plus.google.com/103316353656286516265/posts/CsacKTmuM4T

I had the pleasure of talking to him on his first day here.

He was a man of many facets and we're going to be poorer without him.

I don't have the words - I'm already missing him.

I'd like to extend my condolences to his family and friends as well.

A note from Funky's father:
"If people do want to remember Alan, then please donate directly to an animal charity, preferably one concerned with snakes. Remember that Alan lived in Scotland, so SSPCA or maybe Scottish Exotic Animal Rescue."

Last edited by a moderator:
Believe me FUNKY,I sensed your absence before I heard the news,it was noticeably quiet here in the forum these past few days. :(
I always looked forward to reading your posts. :thumbsupdroid:
You had a lot to give & put it all out there every time you logged-in,it showed & was appreciated by all here.
We may have never actually met & corresponded only within the confines of A/F,nevertheless,the sense of loss is beyond words.
Your presence will be missed & your memory will always be looked upon with fondness.
May Everlasting Peace Be With You FUNKYLOGIK.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Funky definitely danced to his own music, even if he was the only one who heard it. In the beginning staff had a lot of "interaction" with him, but we came to accept and understand him. We had a saying ..."That's just funky being funky" when he would push the envelope and maybe a few buttons. He became not only an accepted, but a respected member of the community. We are all diminished by his passing. R.I.P. Funkylogik. :(

Upvote 0
It's really hard to take when someone suddenly passes, very sad nonetheless and I'm still reeling today after hearing about this yesterday :(
He was a major player here and had alot of friends including myself.
I just don't have the right words to say. Just...very sad :(
My condolences to his family and close friends.

Upvote 0
Funky? No, I can't believe it! He was a fun guy to chat with in these forums. He knew how to liven up the place. Things just won't be the same without him.

And even though he's gone, he will never be forgotten. I mean, how could you forget someone like Funky? He was one of a kind.

My condolences to his friends and loved ones. May he rest in peace.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones