• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Rooting and security

Yes, i agree. Unfortunately, there can be a degree of trust required for some of what we do with rooting, so it's good to know as much as you can about whoever provides any flashable software. Even the chainfire superuser.zip that 99% of people use with root is non-open source... we have to trust that developer (chainfire) if we want to use root. He is very well known, but it's not a perfect situation.

Your link involves something on mediafire... I can't really track down who it comes from or who is representing that it is safe.

It may be a false sense of security, but I feel better using software posted on xda since we can look at the profiles of the people posting, and since there are a lot of savvy users that might red-flag suspicious software.

There is a root thread for your device on xda here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2754230&page=42

Again I'm not positive the stuff posted in the xda link is better but personally I'd feel better about it than the youtube/mediafire links.

No matter what software you choose, make sure it is applicable to the specific device and software version you're using.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones