• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Ruh Roe. Need some quick help.

Fuzzy13

Extreme Android User
Dec 8, 2011
A-T-L-A-N-T-A
I went back and edited my build.prop for LTE. Edited the build.prop and renamed my old one to build.bak and left it in system and moved the new one in.

Now the phone wont boot. Once it passes the Google logo it flickers and never boots.

I'm assuming it has something to do with this build.prop. How can I access the files even know the phone wont boot? Or any other options?

I edited the file with notepad++ which is what I've always used.

Yes I have several backups but I didn't think they replace the build.prop files.
They should, every time you flash a new rom it overwrites the build.prop. Every developer edits the main build.prop so that they can put their rom info in for the build info or to add other things. This is one of the things I've learned in my brief experience in rom development. There's one of two things I can think of to fix this. The first is just reflash your current rom. Try dirty flash the first time. If that doesn't work, then try to restore a nandroid or clean flash your current rom.

Upvote 0
They should, every time you flash a new rom it overwrites the build.prop. Every developer edits the main build.prop so that they can put their rom info in for the build info or to add other things. This is one of the things I've learned in my brief experience in rom development. There's one of two things I can think of to fix this. The first is just reflash your current rom. Try dirty flash the first time. If that doesn't work, then try to restore a nandroid or clean flash your current rom.

Nandroid worked. Gonna edit that sucker within the phone this time. Was trying to be lazy and do it the copy/paste way.

Thanks sir :D

Upvote 0
I realize this is old but for future reference you could/should go into recovery when it starts bootlooping, and try clearing cache, and davilk cache.
If that isnt enough to get it to boot go back into recovery and fix permissions, the copied build.prop may have not had the correct permissions.

Yeah even though this is old, I did all that. ;)

Reflashing the rom cleared it up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones