• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Earphones (That were included with GS3) Problem.

KIL3RP

Lurker
Jun 18, 2014
I'm not sure if I should just leave it alone or not, so I'm asking this. My earphones inner transparent disc thing (don't know what it's called) is pushed in. I JUST saw it like this today after I got my earphones back from my friend (and I just knew I shouldn't of lent them to him) I was just removing these non Samsung buds from the earphones because my friend lost the buds that were already on there and thought everything would be okay if he put on some funky green colored buds. Luckily I had spares. So I removed the funky green buds on the right one, and then the left one, and noticed the transparent thingy was pushed in. I left a picture but please don't talk about how unclean they are unless you are going to leave my proper cleaning instructions. Oh and how can I properly repair this?(busted one is on the left) please help, thanks :)

Attachments

• 1403564472697.jpg
    1403564472697.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 128
I don't see any dirt (the proper cleaning solution for ear wax is hydrogen peroxide - applied VERY sparingly with a Q-tip - it'll water-damage the earbud if it gets inside).

But a new set of good earbuds (at least as good as the ones that come with the phone) cost all of about $10-$15, so is it really worth the time, effort and expense of repairing the ones you have?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones