• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy Discover -Custom OS Install Fault?

First:

I just got this phone and the only thing I did was install a few requested updates -and Angry Birds,the update of which failed to download(thought I'd use a Mall's wifi. lol).I thought,perhaps that was causing this error,so I removed it,but,it happened again yesterday:

Now and again(usually only happens once in a day,thankfully!),when I start up the phone,I see this screen that says something like this:

"A custom OS has failed to install.Press volume up to continue,or voluime down to load normally."

There is a big yellow caution triangle with an exclamation mark.

After pressing the voulme down button,everything proceeeds as normal.

Any ideas?

I am having the same problem since 3 days I tried to put it on the Safe Mode but I need my apps and the safe mode is not useful and whenever I restart it the warning msg is all over the screen again and neither the volume up or the volume down buttons work !!! This is driving me crazy can I just download this is program by myself ??? Help me please

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones