• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy Nexus S

likebutta

Oct 18, 2011
I've been making inquires with Samsung Canada about the 32GB GSM model of the Galaxy Nexus, to get an idea if it has been scrapped or if one is coming down the pipe. They were not able to give me any information about the 32GB model. My initial call was transferred to the Social Hub which deals with their Galaxy mobile line. During that call, I ended up hearing of a pending Galaxy Nexus S release (with carriers Bell and Rogers mentioned). I had to ask the fellow if he meant the Galaxy S or Nexus S which was already released and he said no. He said within the coming weeks; unable to specify specifications though.

Today I made another call because my curiousity was peaked and I thought it had to be a mistake. I talked with another social hub agent and they again mentioned the Galaxy Nexus S, which is not officially announced but coming down the pipeline. However, he was unable to give release time or specifications.

So this leads me to think that we could see this soon. It is still very possible it is just a mistake but the way the conversations went, they seem to acknowledge it as an upcoming phone, not just a listing off some literature.

My thoughts: It might be the 32GB GSM model and the initial time frame for release would closely coincide to the release on the Rogers network (since Bell/Virgin got first dibs for december) in January.

I think I will wait a few weeks to see this out; at worst, I might be able to find the 16GB a slight bit cheaper by then.

Reactions: GalaxyNexus
Today I talked with a samsung rep, and he informed me(although who knows if it is true or if he was just blowin smoke up my ass lol) but he said that the 32gb HSPA+ and verisonLTE 32gb models will be releasing around the end of the month. So here is to hoping. He even said they are pondering the upgrade to a memory card slot but said that is highly unlikely. Just a 16gb and 32gb version of the HSPA+ and the LTE.

In time of course. but if your like me you need at least 32gb and are frustrated we will have to wait.

But I am damn sure willing to wait as long as it isnt 5 months from now, I am sure we will find something bigger and better by then

HERE IS TO HOPING!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones