• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy S3

Nanc9r

Lurker
Dec 31, 2014
I just purchased a Samsung Galaxy S3 through "Smart Pay" on the Straight Talk Website. I've had the Samsung Precedent through Straight Talk for 3 years and it was acting up. I'm confused about how to have the new S3 phone activated. Since I already have an account with ST....do I still need to purchase the Kit or the Sim card?
I called ST and didn't get very far. Has anyone done this yet? My current phone doesn't require a SIM card so I can't just switch them out and I have no idea what this "kit" is that they are talking about. Technically, this isnt the "Bring your own Phone" deal because I bought it from Straight Talk/Smart Pay and it states that these phones are already programed for the ST web and MMS.

Help?

My wife and I both have a sprint galaxy s3. We got them from my parents when they upgraded to s5's. Both were factory reset, and activated on straightalk. My phone runs on 4G 98 percent of the time. Her phone I've never seen it on 4g only 3g. Im almost certain its only a setting in the phone but I just can't figure it out. both phones are set to CDMA LET mode under network. I CAN get to the phone utility im just unsure what to change. Any help or tips always appreciated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones